Website: www.agapehouseforgirls.org

"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, . . . He sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners . . . " ~ Isaiah 61:1



Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What are you thankful for . . .

This is the question we asked at Agape this week; here are the responses we received.

~ I am thankful for the struggles and challenges because of how this makes us hunger for Him more.

~ I am thankful that Jesus Christ is my Savior, for my husband Paul, and our sons and their families. I’m thankful I can trust in the faithfulness of God. And I’m especially thankful that I can help at Agape House.

~ I am thankful for my true friends that I know will always be there for me, mostly my sister. Also, a relationship with God is so rewarding. I know He will never get mad at me for stupid things, and He loves me unconditionally.

~ I am thankful for friends to wake up each day and know that loving, caring people, sent by God, are in my life and are going to be there for me. I love to see their beautiful expressions; to be in their presence is just awesome.

~ I am very grateful for my parents and brother because they’re absolutely wonderful, and they put up with my unique sense of humor. I am also grateful for the people that haven’t given up on me and encourage me to do my best in everything I do.

~ I’m so thankful for everyone at Agape; you all rock. I love my family, and am so happy for them and all of my pets and friends.

~ I am thankful for my family; I love them so much. I am thankful for all of my friends, books, music, poetry, art and writing, and so much more.

~ I am thankful for my dog, Melvin - he’s my best friend. And also for my siblings and friends; for a roof over my head, a bed to sleep in, and food to eat. Can’t forget my parents.

~ I am thankful for Ria, even though we fight, its never about anything dumb. I’m also thankful for friends that don’t degrade me, or think that they are better than everyone else because that’s not a healthy relationship. I’m also thankful for my Mom and family; they help me out a lot. Also, medicine and music, because they cure.

~ I am thankful for my family, my sisters Ava and Lean, and Brianna, even though she’s not a part of my family for real. I am thankful for my brother and for the love and healthy relationships I have with my besties, and Megan and Gerrick.

~ I am thankful for the love of God and family; the healing I’ve received this past year; the joy of the journey and the refining process; the splendor of His goodness and glory, each and every day; and the privilege of being a part of His work at Agape Home and School.

~ I am thankful for God’s love, joy, peace and grace; friends, family and co-workers, and God’s provision.


Prayer Requests:
~ Pray for the families we minister to over the holidays, as this can be a difficult time of year for so many people.

“Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” James 1:2-4

No comments: